confused about

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinxsize

Reaction score
Hi

I have a problem obviously I pased the 17th edition last Year.

Now I'm just thinking to move things forward. What would you recomend me to do, start a:

a) domestic instaler part P course

B) testing and inspection course

I have over 3 months working experience as a electrician mate,heleper.

Hello Kinxsize,

Before the other guys start replying I will just say welcome to the forum. You say you have experience as helper/mate, but are you actually in work at the moment, or looking for work as well? Remember courses and training are very good, but experience is just as important.

Doc H.

well I'm working for general building company, but I have done a few only electricial jobs. Like wiring, sockets, spares, lighting and connecting cooker and heater. So I'm more like looking to move myself to find a beter job. That's why I'm just wondering what course would be more suitable for me.

Since you have 17th, maybe go for I&T next. some scams (sorry, scheme's) will allow you to join with just 17th, but will question you more about I&T to make sure you know what your doin. If you plan to work on your own, you should keep working as a sparky mate for a bit first. 3 months working with someone will help you a lot, but there will still be loads you need to know to work on your own