Confused

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is worth noting that a lot of the "voltage testers" WILL trip an RCD; although some have a "RCD-LOC" similar to a loop tester.For instance, I have the di-log tester, as discussed in another thread recently. If I want to test line-earth, I connect it line-neutral for 5 seconds first, then it won`t trip on L-E. (capacitor charging on initial contact draws more than 30mA ;) )

HTH

KME
thia function can be annoying at times when you fault finding and there is a missing neutral. my older tester (steinel?) didnt trip on any tests, but my fluke is the same as yours with RCD's

It is worth noting that a lot of the "voltage testers" WILL trip an RCD; although some have a "RCD-LOC" similar to a loop tester.For instance, I have the di-log tester, as discussed in another thread recently. If I want to test line-earth, I connect it line-neutral for 5 seconds first, then it won`t trip on L-E. (capacitor charging on initial contact draws more than 30mA ;) )

HTH

KME
Same as the Fluke Voltage Indictors