Copper Price / Copper Prices / Scrap Values

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, im being green here but can you define 'bright wire'? Is it stripped unused cable only, coz I took some out of an installation recently that had obviously been in a few years, and when stripped it was sort of greasy? I take it that wouldnt be classed as dry bright wire?

Dry bright wire is exactly as it sounds. For example, strip everything off a length of SWA and the copper that is left is bright wire. Household wire (T&E) only fetches about

is it really not worth stripping T&E, ive been saving it up for a quiet week to strip down but wont bother if its not worth it. dont want to give the tax man even more if i aint gonna benefit a little.wayne
Re t&e

What I do, is pull out the CPC, which will easilly tear out. That go's in the "clean copper" bucket. Leaving the T&E with just the two insulated cores for the "PVC cable" sack.

Maximum return for minimum effort. :)

I was saving my weigh-in until last month, when I came home to find my shed had been broken into.

I had quite a few bags of mixed, some clean and some 25mm swa, and i reckoned i had about

easy money,,,,,,for them

we have them round here,,,,,,they even have their owm scrap metal business !!!!!!!!

Even the scrap yards are being robbed by pikeys round here. They want your inside leg measurement when dropping off scrap ffs.