Copper Price / Copper Prices / Scrap Values

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a quote over the phone, todays prices in Aldershot are £0.84 kg household cable, £2.80 kg bright wire.

Jeez...

What's the consensus? Is it worth stripping short lengths of 25mm tails? Obviously not worth stripping 1.0mm t & e etc.

Even when the prices were good, I once worked out the £ per hour of stripping cable, and it was not good. Now I don't bother, it all goes in the bin.  Useable offcuts get kept and used as cable, but to be honest not very much even gets used that way.

Even when the prices were good, I once worked out the £ per hour of stripping cable, and it was not good. Now I don't bother, it all goes in the bin.  Useable offcuts get kept and used as cable, but to be honest not very much even gets used that way.
I worked it out too Dave,

I can strip about £20/hr, not bad when you consider that's having a few beers on a Sunday afternoon in the garden, :)

Wouldn't even think about doing it without a high tech fully automated robotically controlled computer automated stripping machine at my disposal though, ;)

Doing it by hand simply isn't worth it I don't think,,,, 

had a few offcuts of some 240mm 4core sometime ago. Totaled 800quid! I was expecting around 250, Big bonus! Was split 2ways.
Got shot of some household that was cluttering up garden. Local yard paid £1/kg. Downside is yard don't do Bacs anymore only...... cheques! So now have to stand in 1/2 hour q at bank

Got shot of some household that was cluttering up garden. Local yard paid £1/kg. Downside is yard don't do Bacs anymore only...... cheques! So now have to stand in 1/2 hour q at bank

I pay in cheques at the post office now. No queues and plenty of branches :)

Got rid of 26kg of bright @ £3/ kg the other day.

😁

Where abouts was that please?

Latest posts