CPC's in PVC conduit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjo

Reaction score
I am currently wiring a heating system in PVC conduit and plastic back boxes for the room stats. I could do with not having to pull Earth wires through the conduits because in some places it will be quite tight. I want to know if I can not install the CPC's to save a bit of space in the conduits? Bear in mind that there are no metal components installed.

Class 2 items must have cpc's terminated in the accessory.

I am currently wiring a heating system in PVC conduit and plastic back boxes for the room stats. I could do with not having to pull Earth wires through the conduits because in some places it will be quite tight. I want to know if I can not install the CPC's to save a bit of space in the conduits? Bear in mind that there are no metal components installed.
This seems to be a design flaw, as there are regs relating to number of cables in conduit and air space room required. Or am I misinterpreting what you are saying?

What do the manufactures instructions say for the wiring of the components. Do they suggest a CPC is required?

Doc H.

If it's going to be tight, perhaps you should look at either

1. the size of the conduit

or

2. the size of the conductors

Is this a GFCH system on a 3A 1362? If so you could go down to 0.75 for the conductors (unless they are very long or you're using a massive pump).

Also look at what all the conductors are doing to see if you are duplicating any (esp neutrals, earths and perm lives)

Try Maplin for smaller singles.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:24 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:23 ----------

Oh, sorry, original question:

yes you need to take a cpc to each accessory

I suppose ,for heating controls in conduit you could 0.5mm instrument cable if you were really stuck with a dodgey conduit run. I've got some we had from RS the current rating without checking must be 3-5A I spose. Bit rough TBH . As said, theres only the pump pulling any current.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 01:56 ---------- Previous post was made at 01:54 ----------

Deke, I think you can only get 1mm 6491X by special order now.AndyGuinness
I'm sure you're right . We used to use it for control wiring . It would cost too much if its special order .