Crabtree recall

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see the Crabtree/Wylex/Volex/ Electrium recall is still ongoing , just had yet another letter, they have Trading Standards involved now .

I've done all the ones I know of some time back but I know there are guys who use my wholesaler who are not bothered with it at all .

Same here.

My wholesaler has a box of Craptree breakers under the counter awaiting their rep , all with heat damage , hence I chaged to Control Gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a letter as well - going on a bit now; I think I swapped the last of the dodgy Wylex MCBs in July 2010

Make sure you reply if they ask you too they get really funny with you if you don't. They actually get quite threatening if you don't reply to there letters.

Had the letter as well, would seem they have to prove to TS that all efforts have been made. I have sent them back the 9 packs I had not used ( They had sent 25 and I only needed 16) just stuck the pre-paid envelope onto a jiffy bag and posted it off.

Make sure you reply if they ask you too they get really funny with you if you don't. They actually get quite threatening if you don't reply to there letters.
Really Batts !!! Oh Perhaps its all our fault they put a load of dodgey MCBs on the market and lost all credibility in a trusted brand!!!!

The new stuff is siemens branded think they are trying to get there reputation back but I think it may be to late. Look at Federal electric how often do you see there stuff these days.

Just opened my letter & have again confirmed I've done all the addresses I needed to & returned all paperwork.

First thing I thought was "Staffordshire CC trading standards" I've not done any work up there. & the whole lot nearly went in the bin, but I thought I'd fill the thing in & send it off.

I assume Siemens have acquired Electrium and would guess that the breakers are now made in Germany ....only guessing !!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:56 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:51 ----------

Bloody hell this Edit time out gets on my mammeries.

Just noticed that Electrium was a Siemens company in 2007

I changed to Control Gear as thats what Denmans stock along with Steeple which is made by Crabtree which is Electrium which is Siemens .

I'd go with Hager if Denmans sold it but they don't . Made in France I think.

Had my letter today so this is the third form they want me to fill in. I told them twice now my one job has been done and the sticker is on the box. I am really get fed up with it after all my time is money they may get a bill for my time for filling in the third letter. If I go down to the doctors to get a letter for something it will probably cost me around

I dont fit Wylex anymore last two Wylex boards i fitted where a bag of sh*te poor quality terminals in the busbars and the MCBs. Plus the last one i fitted one of the RCDs was faulty 230v going in and only 120v coming out.

I like Hager at the moment im also looking forward to trying a Curve board when Denmans sort my account out.

I like the Curve boards !!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:28 ----------

There was more but the Time-out struck again !!!!! :_|X(X(X(headbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbang