creada automatic 79161 triping cb

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose man

Reaction score
sombody as ask me to have a look at there heater .problem trip mcb on one heater

they switched it off at wall switch but mcb will still not set

i havent been over to look yet but thinking it could be a supply cable fault,

but havent work on storage heaters before just looking for tips on what to look out for

thanks moose

thanks andy for quick reply i was going that road as you said just hope they havent got lamminent flooring

i they supplyed from a fcu on the wall

Thanks again i know its a 16a cb if it does turn out to be heater can you still get parts for this type of heater ie stat ellements or is there a more modern type. going to have a look tommorow night when i finish work

Most likely a fault behind the FCU (or switch) loose terminal, burnt insulation, short circuit.

That's certainly the most obvious place to start looking.

Has any work been done recently, i.e any nails or screws inserted in floor or walls?

Another thought, some MCB's when they trip, end up "half way" and you have to press them down first to "off", before they will switch up back to "on"

i dont think any work as been carried out as they said it just stoped working and noticed the cb had trip for that heater

but you never know with out testing circuit i will disconnect heater then do a insulation resistance on supply cable once i have done some investigating

thanks for the tips pro dave

Had a look last night a heater elllements reading 16.07 ohms supply cable >999Mohms heater size 3.4kw so reading seem fine stripped bricks out for visual and all seemed ok nothing burned out so fault went down to mechanical failure of the cb mem type 1 16A

i am gioing to try and loccate one today at wholesalers got one for

Last edited by a moderator: