Creda Electric Heater

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Hardy

Reaction score
Ive just ripped out the storage heaters in my mums flat to fit in some new creda electric heaters for her.

When i removed the storage heaters, there were 2 cables going to 2 switches.  One was a fused switch and one was a standard single switch.

Now ive fitted the creda heater and ive wired it in to the nearest of the 2 switches which was the unfused one, but there is no power going to the creda heater.

So am now confused as to what i am doing as its not working where it should!!!

Please help!!! lol

Ha, fixed it!!

Didnt realise that one of the switches was only active during the period when economy 7 was active, so had no power at this time of day!  

Well i am a student and today i learnt something new!

It sounds like your old heaters were duo heaters with a combination of storage and convector heaters.

I will be interested to know how you get on with your new heaters.  Having got rid of the storage bit, you will be now using real time peak rate electricity in the daytime to heat the house, which is roughly twice as much per KWh

You would be better off getting rid of the E7 tariff now, as the daytime rate is a bit dearer than standard when you have E7.