Creda Storage Heaters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crivers

Reaction score
I've moved into a house recently, and I have TI Creda storage heaters installed downstairs, with a brown top and a cream front and 2 control knobs on the right of the top panel. I am trying to find out the serial number, as I don't know where to look without disturbing the front panel, which is where (if I understand this correctly) the asbestos will be found if there is any. 

I want to remove them as I have now installed central heating but obviously don't want to disturb the asbestos if there is any.

So where would I find the serial numbers? Or is there anyway of finding out if they have asbestos without disturbing the front panel, or calling in an expert for a survey which will cost hundreds of pounds...

Many thanks

If you're that bothered then why not just unscrew them from the wall bracket and lug them out (they will be very heavy if you don't remove the bricks first, but doing that will disturb the innards)

from what you describe, they are fairly modern and very unlikely to contain asbestos. you need to isolate, remove the 2 knobs and loosen the 2 screws to the top rear. then remove the 2 or 3 screws at the bottom which allows the cover to be removed. Then there are loads of small self tappers which will enable you to remove the main cover to the bricks/elements. If its the smaller (2 or 3 element) then I reckon you could remove them with bricks if someone helps.

Best of luck