CU cert confusion

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S.E.S

Reaction score
Carried out PIR, going back to change CU so anymore certification required after CU change?

Be gentle

EIC is always required for board change.

a PIR is a report on existing wiring only. what makes you think you can then give no paperwork for any alterations done?

Sorry ive not been responsible for testing and certs before so a little unsure. Thanks

Having already done the PIR I take it that the schedule of inspection and schedule of test results have been done accordingly as these would have to accompany an EIC also... And is the bonding all in order? I expect that the CU change is because of the lack of RCD protection that you picked up in the PIR...A CU change is notifiable to LABC too..

As the guys have said, EIC and notification to LABC are requirements.

Sorry ive not been responsible for testing and certs before so a little unsure. Thanks
I must admit that I find it a little odd that you consider yourself competent to carry out a PIR, yet haven`t been responsible for certs and testing before - a fair percentage of the PIR should have involved rigorous testing proceedures.

KME

surely you need years of experience before taking on pir work, do people realise how much work,knowledge and risk there is with PIR reporting?

Very worrying i think !

As the guys have said, EIC and notification to LABC are requirements.I must admit that I find it a little odd that you consider yourself competent to carry out a PIR, yet haven`t been responsible for certs and testing before - a fair percentage of the PIR should have involved rigorous testing proceedures.

KME
Agree you need to inform the LABC as it sounds like your not a member of a scheme

Carried out PIR, going back to change CU so anymore certification required after CU change?Be gentle
Probably best to go back and do few city & guilds certificates at college by the sounds of it?

How anyone is competent enough to do a PIR and issue the cert, yet is unable to realise the basics of certification for a CU change is completely beyond my comprehenshion.....

headbang

Bit like me sayin.. I can tow a caravan... do I need any more experience to drive a 45tonne HGV artic!!!

its only a bloomin trailer after all???

:C :( :(