cu neutral terminals

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
are they big enough for a 25mm? I know a 16mm in the biggest earth terminal is quite tight.

Depends on board but probably not.
I agree with batty, but I only us Hager, MK and Crabtree so dont know about others. Out of curiosity what are you trying to do?

I have worked on several makes of CUs and don't think any of the neutral bars are able to hold 25mm conductors. The terminal that holds the link to the main switch might though. May I suggest a 'Henley' block?

Bigs

its all a big secret!!

Its relating to a cheaper alternative for a TP 63a fused isolator. Got a 4way metal clad CU, 63a TP MCB, can get hold of an MCB style neutral terminal (knew I'd seen them somewhere) but not sure if i can get it intime so was wondering if I could fit a 25mm neutral into the neutral bar of the cu for now.

What about some of them reducing ferrule jobbies that you crimp on. Somebody will know what i'm on about. Reduce them to 16mm
sounds kinda like snipping off a strand...

easiest option may be splitting the strands, i.e 3 in one terminal, 4 in the terminal next to it

or ring terminals on each and bolted

If you`re in an enclosure for isolating TP/TPN (?), then the TP MCB covers your phases. Dependant on the earthing system, you may not have to isolate the neutral too; if you do you need a 4 pole isolator, not 3. Either way, you don`t have a problem. 4 pole breaker will accept 25mm easily; and if you don`t have to break it, there`s a myriad of choices.

KME