DI annual test appointment...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had my annual test appointment through ..... AprilAre they getting desperate or are they just that busy that they have to book that far in advance??

NIC btw
I am guessing it is to ensure you have more than reasonable time to organise access to jobs, and/or time to reschedule if inconvenient..

my next app is Feb... :D had the letter come in November. :eek:

to be fair... I would imagine it is quite a logistical planing task to get all DI's & App Contractors inspected each year? & allow hols etc.. for contractors & NIC' staff to be slotted in!!!? :|

Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining. I'm glad to have the appointment so far in advance, at least I can book it in my diary and I've also got 2 1/2 months to find the jobs for the assesment.

Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining. I'm glad to have the appointment so far in advance, at least I can book it in my diary and I've also got 2 1/2 months to find the jobs for the assesment.
That is the bit that can be a bit of hassle sometimes.. Jobs near enough.. and accessible... either customer in.. or getting keys etc..

I had one customer tell me a week before my appt that it as now inconvenient to go to their house for assesment app't:O

mad panic.. phone around a few more customers.. sorted in the end.. but it was hassle I didn't need in last week prior to assesment.

the extra time means you may be able to tie it in better with a job you still have on the go...

i.e. still have a set of the customers keys, so no panic if customer not in. :)

Yeh, I know what you mean!! :_|

I was told on my assesment last year that I should have arranged for 4 or 5 jobs to be accessible on the day to ensure that it all went smoothlyGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink,,, I will make sure of that this year as I do not want a retest because we couldn't get access:_| :_|

Yeh, I know what you mean!! :_| I was told on my assesment last year that I should have arranged for 4 or 5 jobs to be accessible on the day to ensure that it all went smoothlyGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink,,, I will make sure of that this year as I do not want a retest because we couldn't get access :_| :_|
I believe the nail has been hit well and truly on the head there Noz!!:)Applaud Smiley

stuff the questions & testing & documentation & certs etc..

IMHO access is one of the hardest parts of the day with Domestic properties! :(

I believe the nail has been hit well and truly on the head there Noz!!:)Applaud Smileystuff the questions & testing & documentation & certs etc..

IMHO access is one of the hardest parts of the day with Domestic properties! :(
i paid my fees april 2008 and had to pester them to come and see me. finally came out in nov. they tell me they are not obliged to come and see u every year! what the hell do i pay 500 quid for then?

i paid my fees april 2008 and had to pester them to come and see me. finally came out in nov. they tell me they are not obliged to come and see u every year! what the hell do i pay 500 quid for then?
their wages ?????

their roadshows ????

their arrogance ?????

Latest posts