Dimplex Duoheat fault finding

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devokewater

Reaction score
Hi

I note that there are several older posts on here re. these Duoheat heaters but none really address my problems. Mine are the "i" not the "n" type. I have also read just about everything I can find such as instructions and other forum posts.

I purchased 3 some months ago knowing one apparently needed a new PCB controller but now 2 controllers (at nearly £80) have been replaced (to overcome the continual clicking/flashing problem) but I'm still having some other problems.

I have wired them in properly with two separate supplies (off peak and permanent) and with both supplies switched on (at night) I don't seem to be able to regulate the storage heat overnight even though I have been through the correct setting routine by holding the button down for a number of seconds and selecting the temperature.

Using the + and -  the red light display leds can be moved up and down and the front "peak" panel will work with or without the off peak switched on with the thermostat working (ie they only switch on based on the room temperature with a click which you can hear). However at night the heaters always get very hot, even if I have selected the off peak (not the panel) input to be low or medium.

Does anyone have any experience of this problem?

One of them also has a new thermistor.

There is another board which I haven't replaced but rather than just swapping everything in sight I thought someone may be able to point me in the right direction please.

Many thanks

Paul