DIY solar battery storage

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

Reaction score
Regarding the noise of AC coupled inverter. I have decided that it will be better to site the battery and inverter in our porch. I can run 6mm SWA and the comms lead outside and get the electrician to drill a hole through the wall next to the CU.

Gian

Reaction score
Regarding the noise of AC coupled inverter. I have decided that it will be better to site the battery and inverter in our porch. I can run 6mm SWA and the comms lead outside and get the electrician to drill a hole through the wall next to the CU.
When you say porch is it a brick built. Make sure it's not a uPVC porch as they get rather hot and your equipments life can be reduced. I had my first system placed in the loft. I would never advise a loft unless you make sure the equipment is well ventilated specially in summer months.

Reaction score
When you say porch is it a brick built. Make sure it's not a uPVC porch as they get rather hot and your equipments life can be reduced. I had my first system placed in the loft. I would never advise a loft unless you make sure the equipment is well ventilated specially in summer months.
Thanks Gian. :)
No, it's an open porch that I built. Won't get hot and the equipment will stay dry.(y)

Latest posts