dodgy eicr

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got sent a copy of an EICR today to quote the remedials on

there are a couple of faults, nothing major by the looks of it,

but its hard to tell without the readings,  :C

Screenshot from 2016-03-14 15:33:42.png

Screenshot edit.png

I like Box E...

Written comment states.....  "Overall safe to use" 

yet overall assessment re suitability for continual use is ticked.... "Unsatisfactory"

covering both options... :popcorn

I like Box E...

Written comment states.....  "Overall safe to use" 

yet overall assessment re suitability for continual use is ticked.... "Unsatisfactory"

covering both options... :popcorn
yep,

that was the first thing caught my eye,

then further down we have no testing whatsoever of any earth continuity,

:shakehead

beggars belief that people think they are doing any meaningful testing at all,,,,,,,,,

I would not be using that 'report' for quoting anything. 

I would send send it back to the customer with a list of issues with it and a quote to do the inspection properly and advise them to ask for their money back or inform Napit. 

So exactly what "faults" are you quoting for?

How old is the wiring? The house looks 1950's or more likely earlier!
I'd guess by the area you're not far wrong, 40s or 50s

hopefully its had a re-wire since,,,,,,,

Quoting for a broken ring main,

and replace the CU, even though it doesnt need replacing, I explained this to her, but this original person has put the fear in her and told her it MUST be changed,

I do a fair bit of work for her son, he's a plumber, and tried to tell her the 'tester' was making work that didnt need doing, but she is now adamant the CU gets changed,

it will also be interesting to check the 6mm on a 40 MCB

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd guess by the area you're not far wrong, 40s or 50s

hopefully its had a re-wire since,,,,,,,

Quoting for a broken ring main,

and replace the CU, even though it doesnt need replacing, I explained this to her, but this original person has put the fear in her and told her it MUST be changed,

I do a fair bit of work for her son, he's a plumber, and tried to tell her the 'tester' was making work that didnt need doing, but she is now adamant the CU gets changed,

it will also be interesting to check the 6mm on a 40 MCB

Good old google street view and the postcode is on the report!

Good old google street view and the postcode is on the report!

Isn't that EXACTLY the method taught on the 'become and electrician in 5 weeks' course....

and earn £45,000+ p.a. running your own business......

run by "Fleece, Squeeze & Ripoff" electrical training ?

(or whatever they are called)

Note:  training business name is a generic "does what it says on the tin" name that can be applied to numerous businesses that make loads of dosh selling nothing!

:popcorn   

Why has she called on you to quote for the remedial works and not the 'electrician' that carried out the EICR?

Why has she called on you to quote for the remedial works and not the 'electrician' that carried out the EICR?
Would you want the person who did that report doing some actual electrical work in your house??!! :slap

Her son put her on to me, he didn't know she was having a PIR done at the time,

She showed him the 'cert' to ask him what she should do as she was terrified of the house burning down.! :eek:

The other guy has put the fear of G** in her, obviously a massive upsell and making work.!!!