Doh.....they're Now Giving Away Free Card Readers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2.75% of every transaction which reduces as you take more on it (per month)... They take their cut before you get your money (directly into your bank account 3 days after the transaction) so there's no bill. There is no monthly charge

What you don't mention in the OP is that this is a referral scheme and you are the referrer. Bit spammy of you to not mention this.

its not something im interested in, but if i was, then i wouldnt have any problem with him being the referrer... its not as if he has just came here to spam the forum

What you don't mention in the OP is that this is a referral scheme and you are the referrer. Bit spammy of you to not mention this.
Yes it's a refferal,,, but I'm not spamming the forum with this.

If you think it's something that you might use then go for it, wether you use the link I provided or not.... If you use the link we both get £10 towards our charges,,, If you go direct then neither of us will....... It's up to you

thta's £137 on a £5k job -- bit steep. I've been trying to find a company that does cards but at a lower price for the high value jobs, ie my solar work.

thta's £137 on a £5k job -- bit steep. I've been trying to find a company that does cards but at a lower price for the high value jobs, ie my solar work.
That's why I only use it for smaller jobs.... Big jobs I ask for BACS

They have a sliding scale of the charges dependant on how much you put through them a month

https://www.izettle.com/gb/pricing?gclid=CjwKEAiAjsunBRCy3LSlz_PJqCgSJACJY7yKTWusO5jAgWDLfFOysKMp-hsH0FsOdmKSAdQoXaWEkBoCfEXw_wcB

But their transaction limit is £5k with a daily limit of £500k for businesses

Still expensive IMHO

Sounds like you'd be better off with a Streamline machine,,,, something like £17pcm and 25p per transaction

It's not that I want to take cards, it's the customers who want to use them, especially credit cards which attract higher fees again. Every time I look it's either a highish % or monthly fees that add up to quite a bit of money.

I don't take credit cards.

But occasionally we get someone who virtually insists on a CC (more often with the B&B than the electrical stuff) for that we suggest they make a payment by PayPAl. they can use their credit card for that, and by sending it as a "gift" there are no paypal fees for the recipient.

looked at PayPal for business - ripoff, we could use our personal account, but I don't like mixing business with work, got too much overlap on that front already. I like cheque, BACs or cash.