Domestic work no scheme

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cali cert, PL and IP actually my friend, this is not about cutting corners, it's about how this does not make sense. Answer me this, how is it I can apply for company membership and have employees come and go throughout a calendar year who quite possibly could have never been assessed yet on every company Van, letter head, website, etc I can still show a schemes logo and customers believe they are having a CPS confirmed electrician working in their home or business when actually they possibly haven't. Point is it's all a half measure, if BC need to police it then police it, random check like they do for H&S and food safety in the licencing and restaurant trades. They don't have to pay for council to come and check they aren't preparing food for people in unfit preparation areas so why do we have to pay for proving we are capable of doing our job?

Btw I have submitted an application online today for Stroma. Once I'm in I'm going to send notifications of work directly to my local BC and argue the toss with them if they try and say I can't submit them directly. Few customers have heard of the Niceic and none of them have heard of any of the others so really doesn't mean anything to them in any case, just a scam in my opinion. And that's me done on the subject, thanks for all the replies and joining in the debate. :signthankspin:

Cali cert, PL and IP actually my friend, this is not about cutting corners, it's about how this does not make sense. Answer me this, how is it I can apply for company membership and have employees come and go throughout a calendar year who quite possibly could have never been assessed yet on every company Van, letter head, website, etc I can still show a schemes logo and customers believe they are having a CPS confirmed electrician working in their home or business when actually they possibly haven't. Point is it's all a half measure, if BC need to police it then police it, random check like they do for H&S and food safety in the licencing and restaurant trades. They don't have to pay for council to come and check they aren't preparing food for people in unfit preparation areas so why do we have to pay for proving we are capable of doing our job?

and there is the problem with the scams

Btw I have submitted an application online today for Stroma. Once I'm in I'm going to send notifications of work directly to my local BC and argue the toss with them if they try and say I can't submit them directly. Few customers have heard of the Niceic and none of them have heard of any of the others so really doesn't mean anything to them in any case, just a scam in my opinion. And that's me done on the subject, thanks for all the replies and joining in the debate. :signthankspin:

That seems more than pointless. You'll spend more time doing that than logging on to the Stroma site and notifying it properly.

Daft...........

I would say most have heard of NICEIC but less so ELECSA, NAPIT or STROMA.

I've had an estate agent insisting on an "NIC" cert as if there was no other.