Don’T Laugh I’M A Plumber

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skids

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am a plumber by trade and with the ever evolving legislation on all fronts am being caught up in the cycle of ‘need a ticket’ to pick up a screwdriver or spanner. Did the Part P limited scope bit last year and am in the process of competent persons with NAPIT. I only do what is required for my work, pumps, immersion heaters and CH controls etc, so do not do big electrics work, like for like mostly. However any new information adds to the ‘grey cell pot’, so I will be picking your brains now and then. Regards Skids.

Some of us on here are sparkies that do a bit of plumbing.

I don't generally do plumbing for customers unless it's really simple, but do all my own.

OMG!!!!!! A Plumber ....on here !!!! is this the end of civilisation as we know it ....A Plumber !!!
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png
:innocent

Only joking Plumb, welcome , but remember , you are outnumbered!!!

welcome skids,

now, I have a question,

Im doing my bathroom this weekend,

how do I fit it?

Im being deadly serious, you should be able to answer that easily, we get a lot of questions asking how do I re-wire my house, and absolutely no more info provided,

so, Im only asking about one room so it should be a walk in the park for you! :D

welcome skids,

now, I have a question,

Im doing my bathroom this weekend,

how do I fit it?

Im being deadly serious, you should be able to answer that easily, we get a lot of questions asking how do I re-wire my house, and absolutely no more info provided,

so, Im only asking about one room so it should be a walk in the park for you! :D
Simples really

put the bath, shower, wc, basin etc in place

pipe them up

connect up the wastes

job done

Welcome skids hope you stick around .................... I'm off to the plumbing section I have a problem with my heating :Blushing it may be a problem of my own making :innocent

Plumbing - its only watertight conduit innit? Used to do plumbing but had to give it up as I found it too draining.
Funnily enough I used to do plumbing too but I kept getting the flue and could'nt handle the pressure.

Nice to see you Skids and a warm welcome from me. So why are you called Skids ? hmmm am I going to regret asking that ?

Welcome Skids,

You'll find the banter around here between trades is just as intense as on site!

However, round here people generally stick together and try to help each other out, even though we don't necessarily give direct yes & no answers.

You'll get used to us if you stick around, it would be nice to have another resident plumber...

Welcome to the forum.

Shame on you lot taking the piss out of Skids for being a Plumber!!! Don't you know it's rude to look done on the unfortunate, lol.

Serious tho, welcome to the madhouse mate, tho i think it's your turn to make a brew.

Welcome to the forum, we have had a very good plumber on this forum before, sadly he lost his life and it took ages for us all to find out. So could you write a letter to your solicitor with your log in details in the event of your death?