Don't reach for the light switch in the dark!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy_spark

Reaction score
Found this little gem in a council house tennants garden shed, whilst I was checking out all their DIY add-ons prior to a CU change.

29092011.jpg

To turn the light on just twist the wires together! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I fitted a light switch today and it didn't have even 1 wire:OHave I done something wrong? It seems to work though;)
I think Andy Spark found the wires you lost :)

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:12 ----------

Found this little gem in a council house tennants garden shed, whilst I was checking out all their DIY add-ons prior to a CU change.View attachment 2457

To turn the light on just twist the wires together! :eek:
At least the earth was connected to the plastic backbox :)

Someone had drilled a hole in the kitchen wall pushed a flex through from outside, stuck a plug on one end and put a 4-way extension in the shed.

Light was fed from a plug on the 4 way extension. A switch was fitted and then left unplugged to wait for the tennant to plug in again.

It's not my idea just what we're contracted to do.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:22 ----------

I think Andy Spark found the wires you lost :) ---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:12 ----------

At least the earth was connected to the plastic backbox :)
HAHA, you noticed too at least they had a cpc to the fitting, it was class 1 after all!!