Double the value of your van today , just phone Deke's Motors

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diesel in Wales @ 145.9 Pennies per litre - the dearest in the UK.

GulfPetrolStationinRadyrCardiffSouthWalesDearestinUKownerMadhukntPatel.jpg

Petrol Price hike

A petrol station in Cardiff has been named as one of the most expensive in Britain.

The Gulf filling station in Radyr, which is on the busy A4119 Llantrisant Road, is charging 145.9p a litre for diesel.

The highest price recorded in the UK for diesel is 146.9p, which appears to be the price on an isolated Shetland island, according to PetrolPrices.com.

It comes as forecourt prices across the country continue to rise. Petrol prices in Wales remain some of the highest in the UK.

See More: interview with Madhuknt Patel, Petrol Station owner
Source: ITV Wales News.

I've done over 100 miles today in me diesel van, I worked out about 10 days ago that it was now costing me in fuel alone about 18p per mile, when I had it new it was about 12 p per mile, with basically the same load in it!

I've had it from new as it is a contract hire van.

Consumption is supposed to get a little better once the engine loosens up!

Mileage still really low on the grand scale of things though.

Sorry to butt in on your thread Sandra. I'm hopefully getting a van soon as been using my clapped out L reg car which I can't get all my stuff in anymore. The van i've been offered is a LPG converted from factory. I was talking to my old man about it being cheaper to run and he said that's nice you'll be saving the tax man money! I had a think About it and if I run it on petrol (it's a 2.0l) I'll be claiming more money to be offset against tax. Am I understanding this right?

Do you see benefits of LPG used as a works van apart from no congestion charge in London? Is it cheaper tax?

Any advice appreciated and sorry to butt in Sandra , cheers

Went to tescos this morning to fill up....had a 1/4 of a tank already in it...cost me

My van runs on LPG, only 71p per ltr and does the same mpg as before. Its better on the engine as well as when on gas it runs at a lower temp.

Road tax is a tad cheaper

Latest posts