Downstairs Lights Blowing Out

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snoopy187

NICEIC Helper
Reaction score
Hello

Ive recently moved into a new house and went out and brought some expensive bulbs for my kitchen and living room, but ive noticed after a few days they blow bad day explode

ive been told its either some nearby vibrations , a dodgy connection, or cheap lightbulbs (which they arent)

I was wondering if any of you guys could think of anything else it could be ?

Thanks in Advance

xxx

I think a bit more information is needed please. Just to save others asking the questions I will ask as many as I can think of to get a bit more substance to the problem. What sort of lamps and fittings are they? CFL energy saving, Halogen, LED, standard incandescent, bayonet, ES, GU10, MR16, G4, G9, recessed enclosed fitting, open surface mounted fitting, 230v 12v etc? Where were they purchased from, what is the recommended lifespan (hours), are they all from the same batch, could they be damaged stock? are they controlled from a normal on-off switch or a dimmer? What make are they and how much did you pay per lamp? Thanks

Doc H.

depending on what kind of light fitting they are, heat can be a huge factor too

hello all

thanks alot for the replies but i had a electrician come round and have a look and was told the fuse had gone and was blowing my lights

was a real pain to get to it too as it was under my spare rooms floor

:p :^O

hello all thanks alot for the replies but i had a electrician come round and have a look and was told the fuse had gone and was blowing my lights

was a real pain to get to it too as it was under my spare rooms floor

:p :^O
BS alert?

If it was a "fuse had gone" your lights would not have worked at all.

More likely a lose connection, or if 12V lights, he changed the transformer, but more in hope of a fix than a certainty.

A case of the electrician telling you whatever BS he thinks you want to hear.