Drink of choice

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Canoeboy said:
At present I am partial to a doom bar or two of an evening, then if I'm feeling like more some lovely Lidl Chianti
Doom bar / Ruddles county & when available red fox for me...................but just imagine my joy when this gaff opened in town

http://www.innathome.co.uk/newbury-keg-cask/

So now I'm on first name terms with the staff, I ring up on a wednesday & when I rock up Friday my carry out (2x 4ltr plastic milk bottle) is freshly poured silt free real ale (no carbonate stops the joint aches) & is in the staff fridge out the back....................quality.

In fact last week they called me as it was a one off 88 pint brew from a small garage micro brewery.

So it was it you upside down I saw last night on the A4 by Subway?

Canoeboy said:
My favourite red beer

http://www.fullers.co.uk/beer/explore-our-beers/red-fox

Trouble is its so nice its like drinking ribena, 12 pints later and its all down hill.......
First time I had fox was at Basingstoke beer festival, spoke to the fullers rep on the night & found out it is a seasonal ale, stuck with him most of the night all got wasted on the reserve barrel in the landy & ended up getting me & my cousin added to the buyers list.

Some strangely named pubs around there. Two stick in my mind Arse in a Band Box and The Land o’ Cakes, both with good ale.

The wife liked the Athenaeum, I wasn’t too keen on the place following an unfortunate incident.

I don’t know if any of them are still going. I’ve not been back to Manchester for 16 years.

I used to regularly drive past one called the "Spanking Roger".....Salfordish I think

and the House that Jack Built on Bury New Rd....floors were all over the place, upstairs, downstairs...nothing on one level. spent my 21st in there....21 Schnapps and 21 press ups on the back of my wrists, it did not end that well!

I only drink holy water which I always make myself.

Here is the recipe if anybody ever wants to try it.

i) Half fill a saucepan with water

ii) Place it on your stove on maximum heat

iii) Boil the hell out of it !
I remember Holy water being something totally different ,it was something made in the hill's of Tyrone and came in lemonade bottle's 

but the first thing I have when I am back home is a nice cold pint of Smithwicks

Smithwicks-Ale[1].png

I remember Holy water being something totally different ,it was something made in the hill's of Tyrone and came in lemonade bottle's 

but the first thing I have when I am back home is a nice cold pint of Smithwicks

View attachment 7249
Oh yes, wee still, :D

Smithwicks is a gran swallae, 

I'm prone to the odd Bass as well when I can get it,

Do you remember Monk,? Best hangover cure ever. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I like a nice pint of cider when the weather is hot and sunny.

Living in Dorset I'm spoiled for choice.

I'm a stella fella, whatever the weather.

Occasional cask ales though, for a change. And have been known to drink cider in Dorset too.

Stella is chemical muck, once desribed to me as Stella 'act a twat'

Interbrew have ruined Stella, Kronenburg and many good continental beers that are actually brewed in Wales