Dry wall / Stud wall

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dambo

Reaction score
What's the difference (if any!) between a dry wall and a stud wall?

I thought a dry wall was one which is in a field and is constructed without using any cement to bond it together.
Thats a dry stone wall:|

I thing a dry wall is one that does'nt suffer from damp :run

Stud wall, I understand to be a hollow wood batten & stud construction with plaster board nailed or screwed to it. Dry wall? Do you mean a dry-lined wall where the brick work has sheets of plasterboard stuck to it, as compared to the traditional wet plaster with the bonding plaster then the finishing plaster.

Doc H.

dunno about "Dry", "Wall" or "Dib", "Dib", "Dib", "Dot", "Dot", "Dot", "Dab", "Dab", "Dab"................

But..............

Mrs Spec Loc reckons "I AM THE "STUD"

:D :^OB-)

ROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL

ok...

don't ask her... :pray

she will only deny it...

But I know its true!

:Blushing :p

Hi SL.

Does that imply that you posses a concealed Large Batten ? :^O

a1spark

stud wall is a wooden battened wall with plasterboard sheeting and plaster skimmed,

dry wall is usually metal framework with plasterboard covering, back to front with the tapered edges taped and filled and screw heads filled in using drywall filler, and NO plaster skim coating.

stud wall is a wooden battened wall with plasterboard sheeting and plaster skimmed,
Yes agree 100%! :D

dry wall is usually metal framework with plasterboard covering, back to front with the tapered edges taped and filled and screw heads filled in using drywall filler, and NO plaster skim coating.
No - what you describe is 'dry lining'.

Drywall is plasterboard in America.

Someone else please google it............

:innocent

Dry lining is dot & dab, dry wall is as steps said. We aren;t in America so their terminology isn;t all that important on the matter ATM TBH.