DVR's

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_s

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a make to go towards for a CCTV DVR, and what to look for in them, such as recording quality.

Is MJPEG good quality or should i go for H.264?

any help or advice whould be greatly appreciated.

cheers

ive tended to find the j2000 dvrs are of good quality, this is the sort of recorded image we get from one of our 8 cameras :^O :coat

CAM1_2010-06-2221-48-21_15859.jpg

whya dmin, ive already had the shed attempted break in, and also had the van done also had 2 items stolen off the driveway by gipsies so we installed some security, whats the big deal!
8 Cameras is 'Some'? Be cheaper to build a breezeblock garage Mate. And to put an alarm on it. ;)

well i installed a grade 2 alarm on the house and 2 sheds some 60 ft away from the house, and in the computer room/home office we have 2 pirs linked to the alarm system (oh and fire detectors are linked to the alarm system aswell, if anyone goes into computer area then the room activates a smoak cloak system where by the room fills with dense smoke, also alarm is on two way phone setup landlind is dialler (cables installed underground to the exchange ;) ) but if landline fails or is cut it reverts to GSM mobile network, (not disclosed of course ;) oh our dvr cctv has a pan tilt zoom camera thats the one above as i can zoom that camera in on the front door etc, like the steps, and our dvr is also viewable on the internet on my laptop when we go away or if i go up north to see a special friend ;) ; ) :^O

Why didn't you say so.

:D

Oh, You can catch them on film, and the police still won't do anything about it. Or at least, they won't down here. :_|

actually the police do seem to be bocming more interested in things that go on round here of late, im not guranteing that our cctv images of the main road are upto evidence as thats not our resoinsibilty to monitor that area, because also its a long way from our camera locations, but every door or entry to our property is covered by a close ish camera with night vision and yes we can get faces as we have in the past when a couple of dodgy gipoes were touting for work :(

Badger,

if I could afford it I would have cameras too,

and I know the saying,

can I afford not too,

well ATM Im skint, :( so they wont get anything anyway....

well i installed a grade 2 alarm on the house and 2 sheds some 60 ft away from the house, and in the computer room/home office we have 2 pirs linked to the alarm system (oh and fire detectors are linked to the alarm system aswell, if anyone goes into computer area then the room activates a smoak cloak system where by the room fills with dense smoke, also alarm is on two way phone setup landlind is dialler (cables installed underground to the exchange ;) ) but if landline fails or is cut it reverts to GSM mobile network, (not disclosed of course ;) oh our dvr cctv has a pan tilt zoom camera thats the one above as i can zoom that camera in on the front door etc, like the steps, and our dvr is also viewable on the internet on my laptop when we go away or if i go up north to see a special friend ;) ; ) :^O
this is our layout on our system, camera 1 is the speed dome camera where it can be moved about ;)

CAM1_2010-06-1104-51-43_10328-1.jpg

just so people know im not telling porkies about the cameras and there being 8 of them in total, as you can see theres a lot of property that has doors and sheds etc, also having 4 vehicles we noticed that 2 or 3 cameras didnt quite have enough coverage ;)

youd have to get through the smoke screen and alarm first then move 3 tons of ****e of the top of the printer then move the printer, disconnect all the wires to the printer and then un bolt the dvr from inside the pupose made enclosure, and then get away with it, before i got home, our alarm has confirmed alarm in the control room where all the sensitive stufg is kept, and if you walked in this room then you wouldnt bve able to see your way out because it fills with a dense smoak in seconds!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/b2IhQx8xpac?feature=oembed

youd have to get through the smoke screen and alarm first then move 3 tons of ****e of the top of the printer then move the printer, disconnect all the wires to the printer and then un bolt the dvr from inside the pupose made enclosure, and then get away with it, before i got home, our alarm has confirmed alarm in the control room where all the sensitive stufg is kept, and if you walked in this room then you wouldnt bve able to see your way out because it fills with a dense smoak in seconds!
the names GER

BAD GER

by the looks of things.

:|

Cheers shall have a gander.

very nice setup. thats the reasoning for me wanting one, as had the garage broken into the other week.

Expect them to be back after they saw everything in there.

Latest posts