E27 ADAPTOR PLUG - IS THERE SUCH A THING?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beekay1943

Reaction score
I can remember B22 lamp extension plugs which would allow you to connect another small electrical item to an existing B22 lamp socket via an extension cable but I am looking for a similar type wireable plug with an E27 male end.  This would enable me to construct a short extension cable to hang from an existing E27 downlighter.  There are plenty E27 female sockets available for the other end but I cannot seem to find a wireable E27 male end.  I have seen complete units available with stainless steel flexible extensions but I', not sure if these can be disassambled to allow a suitable sized ceiling rose to ber slipped onto the the stainless steel, flexible cable.  Can anyone confirm whether or not the complete flexible extension can be disassembled?  Any suggestions as to where I might find a E27 wireable male plug?

I can remember B22 lamp extension plugs which would allow you to connect another small electrical item to an existing B22 lamp socket via an extension cable but I am looking for a similar type wireable plug with an E27 male end.  This would enable me to construct a short extension cable to hang from an existing E27 downlighter.  There are plenty E27 female sockets available for the other end but I cannot seem to find a wireable E27 male end.  I have seen complete units available with stainless steel flexible extensions but I', not sure if these can be disassambled to allow a suitable sized ceiling rose to ber slipped onto the the stainless steel, flexible cable.  Can anyone confirm whether or not the complete flexible extension can be disassembled?  Any suggestions as to where I might find a E27 wireable male plug?
Welcome to the forum, what are you trying to achieve?

I remember when I was a small boy, a 2 way BC22 adaptor allowing the light bulb, and the flex feeding the wireless to be plugged in at the same time.

Back in the day my Mom used to plug the iron into the light socket  with a B22 adaptor ,  no earth obviously .  There were few plugs in the house , they were a mixture of 2A X 2 pin ....5A  X 2 pin  and  the odd 15A  X 3pin .      I think the earthing was connected to the water pipes . 

Never seen an E27 plug . 

You can buy E27 to B22 adaptors. You can buy second-hand B22 plugs. These two statements, individually or in combination, are not to be construed as suggestions or a recommended course of action. Especially not by persons seeking to construct a pendant drop from an E27 luminaire.