Earthing Conductor clamp

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orbital

Reaction score
I know that BS 951 clamps are not correct for earthing connections to incoming supply sheath.

What about this clamp, is this OK

Cheers

IMG_0697.jpg

Thanks, I was a little unsure.

What is the best way to rectify this.

Its not allowed/advisable to clamp onto this cable, so is it a DNO job?

Generally dno will no alter them, in my area edf which was eastern a lot were put on by them in the first place. As long as loop is ok I would just leave it a note it on your certificate.

Its a DNO job, by the looks of it thats a metal cutout which the DNO are changing on a roll basis, so a quick call to get a cutout change should rectify the earthing

Its a DNO job, by the looks of it thats a metal cutout which the DNO are changing on a roll basis, so a quick call to get a cutout change should rectify the earthing
Sure thats a bakelite one.

Sure thats a bakelite one.
You could be right but the ones I have seen in my area are mostly mettalic, though I have seen the bakolite versions.

Not supposed to fit earth clamps to DNO supply cables , it is reckoned they can crush the lead sheath plus you are not supposed to interfere with their equipment.

I know there are millions of them around , the network companies are totally lax in supplying earth terminals , every one quick to force contractors into joining scam providers and shell out for exam upgrades etc, but millions of homes without a decent earth connection.

BS951 is not suitable for connecting to cable anyway whether you have permission to do it or not.