Earthing question

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vad25

Reaction score
Hello all!

Earthing conductor from MET to gas pipe 10smm 1,5 m long has right connection , after this connection it's going to water pipe and connected there

(about 10m long).

Is it correct or needs to be improved? Should it be two separated cables, or it is all right.

Thanks!

Bonding to gas & water can be one continuous cable. 10mm2 is fine.

Malc

If the cable is continuous; i.e. not cut, then it`s fine. If it is cut, I`d strip a little more back, and use a solid crimp to make it back into 1 continuous cable.
As I understood it it could be one continuous cable or cut at each point with crimped lugs fitted.

As I understood it it could be one continuous cable or cut at each point with crimped lugs fitted.
i dont think so. i think its got to be a through crimp. reason being, even if you remove the clamp, the through crimp will still connect the cable. 2x lugs and they wont be in contact anymore

Fair point, but that should be down to the person who removes the clamp to sort out, although in the real world I know that plumber\gas engineer + pair of side cutters\hacksaw = no bonding.
I believe is is exactly because of the "real world" scenario, that the cable is to be continuous.

I accept your contention that it "shouldn`t" be messed with, but, as can be seen on other threads ATM, people will mess with all sortsa of things they shouldn`t.

KME