EICR on rented domestics

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilers

Reaction score
Hi all,

What are you guys recommending for the retest date on a rented domestic property the guidance notes do not appear to be very clear?,EG the electrical installation is satisfactory at the time of inspection and you have not found any issues.

Whatever you think

its not set in stone and should be treated on the likelyhood of damage/tampering by tenants

i know that the letting agents i work for have tenants put their own light fittings up even though they shouldnt

if you are happy with the condition than put 3-5 years with a visual every year...

job done

rentals I generally put down bi-annual,

depends on a lot of factors really,

state of the place, the tenants, the landlord,

is it likely to actually be looked after or just the bare minimum(or less) maintenance.

Hi all,What are you guys recommending for the retest date on a rented domestic property the guidance notes do not appear to be very clear?,EG the electrical installation is satisfactory at the time of inspection and you have not found any issues.
Few more factors needed to consider...

eg. Satisfactory and all wring and accessories less than 10 years old...

All Ins res 200Meg+

No outdoor wiring,

No shower..

Gas C/H

single tenant occupancy....

could well be 10years or change...

-vs-

Satisfactory and all wring and accessories 30+ years old...

All ins res 5Meg max..

Small outhouse/shed with wiring & elec shower & Imm heater & storage heaters..

And multiple occupancy...

could be 10 MONTHS & change of occupancy!

It will have to be judged on what you saw & how good your test results were..

could be 2 years & change

Once again common sense should prevail, regs in this situation can not be time specific as it has to have input from the competent person based upon variable factors seen in front of them. The regs can only be a guidance based on perfect scenario.

Still not legally required though for domestic rental properties

if the landlord is willing to show the readies away you go....

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 10:30 ---------- Previous post was made at 10:29 ----------

If it was a legal requirement then 80% i do visuals/PATS on would be in trouble

still note the issues down....leave it for them

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was made at 10:30 ----------

did a visual the other week recommending the mains smoke alarms were replaced as they were past their replacement date

stupid landlady reckoned i was pulling a fast one !!!!!

Latest posts