EICR

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markyspark76

Reaction score
Hi all new here, I carry out inspection and testing for the MOD and a bit unsure about the new certificates to use. I understand for a domestic property the forms have completely changed. Is this the same for commercial and industrial property's or can you use the old certificate.The regs have model forms for domestic property's up to 100amp supply or similar.And supplies greater than 100amp the camp I work at is all commercial and industrial buildings a contractor has also highlighted this issue any thoughts will be a great help

The latest amendment of BS7671 is not domestic wiring regulations, they cover all types of electrical installation. The model forms in Appendix 6 still include boxes for a.c. 3-phase 3 & 4 wire, d.c. 2 & 3 wire, and the boxes for earthing to structural steel. Which I consider to be very much not typical domestic installations. The guidance for the inspector states that the schedule is not exhaustive and the comment at the top of the inspection schedule suggest it can be used for various smaller installations not exclusively domestic. I would think you would use all the model form detail as your starting point than add any additional information that is appropriate to your installation. But you should not be using the old style forms. Although we do have another thread on the forum about problems of availability of the new style forms. I am unclear why you and the contractor think they are only domestic?

Doc H.

Thanks doc,the contractor said this morning that the new forms had dramatically change for domestic property's but for the commercial and industrial there seemed to be little change

Oh; I do beg your parsnips, Doc. :Blushing :innocent