ELECSA

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Brennan

Reaction score
whats everyone think about this scheme? good or bad as compaired to napit and nic eic??

I found them to have a friendly attitude, but still professional. Been with them 3 years , I think they all charge much the same so cost dosn't come into it . E-mailed their technical dept with a query on the bathroom Regs and received prompt reply with some sound and friendly advice. They are now owned by the ECA . They seem fine to me.

Deke

I found them to have a friendly attitude, but still professional. Been with them 3 years , I think they all charge much the same so cost dosn't come into it . E-mailed their technical dept with a query on the bathroom Regs and received prompt reply with some sound and friendly advice. They are now owned by the ECA . They seem fine to me.Deke
considering going with them myself, i was nearly ready to become registered with napit but decided against it due to shortage of work. Looking into other ones instead now though. you had any proplems with the people who want NIC only??

had a few problems with them in the past, but seem OK now. but still waiting for a return call from their tech line - about a year on....

And if your thinking of changing addresses, may be easier not to move... there not capable of changing an address without month of letters, emails and phonecalls

considering going with them myself, i was nearly ready to become registered with napit but decided against it due to shortage of work. Looking into other ones instead now though. you had any proplems with the people who want NIC only??
Yes if you see my recent post about that. A council next to B,ham told my customer they could only use an NICEIC contractor in their house . I ended up having to e-mail my ELECSA cert and they finally accepted ELECSA. I've had no problems with other councils.

I'm afraid NICEIC is still regarded as an industry standard. NAPIT ,ELECSA etc means nothing commercially anyway ( Schools, Hospitals )

As regards Part P Domestic work they are all supposed to be equal .

Deke

passed my initial assessment with them last week

guy was sound

part p registered what can i say

they have a team of guys who only do assessments i think NIC have approved contractors doing them

i have read threads about it on other forums

Spesh,Kme would be able to tell you

but ask Andyc said you could have competition problems

oneupmanship comes into play aswell

Yes if you see my recent post about that. A council next to B,ham told my customer they could only use an NICEIC contractor in their house . I ended up having to e-mail my ELECSA cert and they finally accepted ELECSA. I've had no problems with other councils. I'm afraid NICEIC is still regarded as an industry standard. NAPIT ,ELECSA etc means nothing commercially anyway ( Schools, Hospitals )

As regards Part P Domestic work they are all supposed to be equal .

Deke
What you mean "means nothing commercially"??

If you are nic-napit or elecsa you can cert all work from domestic to industrial as there all the same unles you are NIC DI.

ive prob had too many Guiness DrinkGuiness Drink and not reading correctly

I'm with Napit and the guy who assessed me has his own Test & Inspection Company.

they dont cover commercial work. i.e elecsa is domestic only. NIC and ECA cover everythingYou dont need to be with anyone to do commercial work anyway
thats swayed my decision, will prob go with napit as planned then, but like you say commercial you arnt required to be registered, but how would you issue a cert on a commercial/industrial job if asked for 1??

thats swayed my decision, will prob go with napit as planned then, but like you say commercial you arnt required to be registered, but how would you issue a cert on a commercial/industrial job if asked for 1??
you just issue as per regs...

you only need to be in a scam for domestic so you can notify work. for commercial you just issure certs as req'd. im reg'd with elecsa purely so i can notify work for domestic. im not reg'd with anyone to 'work' in commercial. just go out there and get on with the job

i dont need NIC telling me they want my work done to their standard and no 7671 etc

Thats a good point !! Are you sure thats correct Theo, Deke
Personally I think that is a load of ballcocks..

I think you will find NIC

AND ALL of the other Part P scheme providers have to be UKAS accredited on their assessment procedures methods staff etc....

just the same as your Meter calibration should be to a UKAS standards..

Independently audited and verified!

I am still waiting for someone to post actual factual evidence of this old wives tail?

because if if was true.. NICEIC would be taken to court & hung drawn and quartered IMHO?

most likely started by someone who wasn't competent to pass anyway!

:|

Last edited by a moderator: