electric showers- best on the market?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
which is the best shower switch?? to fit a 10mm? crabtree i presume?
And the best to connect a 6mm

or any size for that matter.

the electrical terminations are on the bit screwed to the ceiling

& top cover goes on a afterwards,

Easier to get a tight connection on the terminals.

whereas other makes tend to have connections on the moving cover bit..

which makes it hard to tuck wires back into the rear mounting box bit.

Crabtree shower switches are just easier to connect IMHO.

Crabtree 50A Pullcord Sw + Neon - Screwfix.com, Where the Trade Buys

;) :D

I would not attempt to fit a 10mm cable in anything but a crabtree pullswitch.Batty
what about the shower & CU connections? ]:) ;) ; \Blushing

:^O :^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O

so its 10:00am not 11:00 for tea & cake tomorrow then? :) :x

what about the shower & CU connections? ]:) ;) ; \Blushing :^O :^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O

so its 10:00am not 11:00 for tea & cake tomorrow then? :) :x
You are sharp this morning or is it afternoon specs anyway see you tomorrow.

;)

Mira sport 9.8kw available for a good home at a resonable price, new and boxed. (may still be hot, i mean luke warm by now ;) )

Also can get my hands on a mira advance if anyone interested?

Thanks for the informative posts! But I want to buy a shower in Gainsborough shop which is situated near my house. There are an affordable prices and a wide range of products. I doubt between Stanza 8.5 White Electric Shower and 8.5 cse Electric Shower. Maybe you can help me to choose one of them?

Thanks for the informative posts! But I want to buy a shower in Gainsborough shop which is situated near my house. There are an affordable prices and a wide range of products. I doubt between Stanza 8.5 White Electric Shower and 8.5 cse Electric Shower. Maybe you can help me to choose one of them?

Agree crabtree switch only way to go. Mira easily worth the extra. B&Q are rebadged mira but not quite the same they are a budget version, my bro works for mira so its a fact.

I would fit electric shower so when boiler goes you can still wash. They also use less water I'm on a meter so it saves a lot over the years and you may get your money back. I always wire new showers in 10mm, for the extra cost its fairly future proof.

Agree crabtree switch only way to go. Mira easily worth the extra. B&Q are rebadged mira but not quite the same they are a budget version, my bro works for mira so its a fact. I would fit electric shower so when boiler goes you can still wash. They also use less water I'm on a meter so it saves a lot over the years and you may get your money back. I always wire new showers in 10mm, for the extra cost its fairly future proof.
You can't fault the craptree, sorry crabtree pull switch. Suprised all pull switches are not designed like this, concidering the ease of terminating 10mm.

GS