KVA new build development

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can help with this. My company has a new build development 12 x 2 bed semi detached. They have gas heating 1 electric shower en-suite, 7kW car charger. Roughly what would the average KVA be for these properties? Scottish power has come back with 2.5KVA per property but I think this is extremely low. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Tell SP you require 12KVA per house minimum and see what they say.

If they come back talking about network upgrade charges post what they say and I think I have a counter argument, that from "April 2023" they should not be charging such network upgrades to the customer.

Tell SP you require 12KVA per house minimum and see what they say.

If they come back talking about network upgrade charges post what they say and I think I have a counter argument, that from "April 2023" they should not be charging such network upgrades to the customer.
Thanks ProDave, I did say 13KVA they came back with 5.5KVA I said that I still don’t think that is enough. Eventually they came back with 10KVA felt like I was haggling with them. I was just wanting to confirm I wasn’t over exaggerating.

They have gas heating so dump the electric shower, lousy things anyway and feed the shower from the (presumably) combi boiler.

Far better still fit a system boiler and an unvented hot water tank and you will have the king of showers from that, but developers are not known for spending a few extra £££ to make something better for the buyer are they?

Latest posts