Electrical Circuit Programs?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwiNCFC

Reaction score
Hey all!

I was just wondering if there is a program out there in which you can create lighting circuits and then wire them up & then see if they work?

It would be good to practice my lighting circuits in my apprenticeship :)

Thanks!

If you want to run simulations you'll need a basic software package with SPICE. Here's a free one that looks like Digikey have published elements for it so it might be worth a try. Be warned I haven't used it so I'm not sure if it's any good or not.

I have a copy of CircuitMaker somewhere but I think they ceased support and developement about a decade ago. It was abandonware last time I looked and I doubt it will run on any OS later than XP. If you want a copy let me know and I'll pack it as a torrent and upload it via a public tracker.

when it comes to two way/intermediate switching

get yourself a battery and some wire and couple lightbulbs (battery powered ones)

Great idea but not very fashionable nowadays where if it can't be done on the PC or the mobile device it's not worth doing. Twenty years ago, everybody who was anybody had at least one breadboard in their workshop.

Thanks guys for all your suggestions! I will have a look at them!

Latest posts