Electrical Services Design

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Electrician2011

Reaction score
Hi there

Im a newly qualified electrician currently studying at college.

For the module I am currently studying we have started looking at the IEE Wiring Regulations. I have been asked to describe and explain (with reference to the 17th edition) the factors needed to be considered and outline the procedures that are required for designing electrical services for a domestic dwelling in a rural setting.

Im looking for some help getting started with this essay/report, could anyone advise what the first steps would be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello, Electrician2011, Welcome to the forum. All circuit design has to start with understanding what the maximum demand or load the circuit has to supply. I am trying to figure out what they are after with the reference to rural setting? Are you looking at the property final circuit wiring. e.g. external buildings, farms, stables etc. This is part of BS7671. Or the network supply distribution to the property. e.g. rural maybe overhead rather than underground supply. But this is not part of BS7671. Not really sure what they are asking. Is is a C&G course? if so which one?

Doc H.