Electrician Tools

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwayne-Jesse

Reaction score
Hi

I've been training with a electrical company mainly doing domestic jobs where the company has supplied tools PPE etc.

I'm looking now to go on a commercial site as a sparks mate, Here's the thing I HAVE NO TOOLS what tools do you guys recommend I need as a sparks mate on a commercial site?

It takes time to get a decent tool kit together, you could go out and buy stacks of tools and not use half of them for ages but might need one tomorrow that you haven't bought.

I do a fair bit of commercial/industrial work...few basics...

Drill/driver, Meter/tester, screwdrivers, socket set, spanners, cutters, strippers, ratchet crimp, pliers, hammer

Side cuts, pliers, hammer, tape, screwdrivers, continuity tester,hacksaw,square, set of spanners

18v battery drill, hacksaw, file, spirit level, tape measure, permanent marker, set square.......If doing first fix

What I SAY    is, "Don't forget to buy a Torque Screwdriver".

What I MEAN is, "Don't forget to buy one of my Torque Screwdrivers".

SBS Dave

If you find yourself askng to borrow the same tool twice then.....you NEED to own one!

You can NEVER have enough tools....anyone who says otherwise is wrong!

I have been collecting them for 53 years...........i now find i want a biscuit jointer!
VERY satisfying inserting and gluing biscuits! I always borrow my chippy mate's Makita. Did all my worktop joints with them with a big bag of No.20s I think it was. Even biscuit jointed edge strips and corner sections to make a cheap brekkie bar:

Got a mag round here somewhere where a chap made a hall telephone table out of an old pallet. Biscuit jointed all the "planks" to make the table top. The clever bit was in that needing 4 legs he only had three 3"x3"s on the pallet. So he cut a sliver of each to make the 4th leg.

You NEED one, they're therapeutic!   :lol:

surely you can eat broken biscuits? or if they are that broken, take them back for an undamaged pack?
 We used to be able to buy bags of broken plain  biscuits cheap at our corner shop. Mum used to send us to get them for the dog as they were cheaper than proper dog biscuits. Finding the shortcake bits was the best. No wonder mine and the dog's teeth all fell out. Mind I'm going back over 40 years!