Elnur versus Dimplex storage heaters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SM!

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Please can I request your advice on storage heaters.

I need to buy 3 storage heaters for a flat and wanted your opinion on Dimplex Quantum versus Elnur Smart storage heaters.

both seem to be offering similar functionality.....Please can you share experience/ make recommendations ?
thanks!

does the flat have storage heaters currently ?

the quantum units can use E7 and 24 x 7 supp or a single 24 x 7 supply

dont know about the Elnur units

I may be able to give a better answer probably sometime from November onward....

As I have a customer with a house that has no gas supply available..
who wants to replace some aging storage heaters..

Plus they have a family relative who has had some Elnur heaters fitted..
And are looking to source and supply the heaters themselves..

Just wanting me to disconnect the old and install the new heaters...
I am pretty sure they are looking at the Elnur heaters as their preference?

But I am still waiting for a text/email/phone message, to say they have the new heaters and are waiting for me to connect it all up!!!

Last edited:
Thanks both! yes the flat currently has night storage heaters (old Dimplex ones). Also the Elnur ones are also storage heaters using E7 and 24 x7.

Why are you thinking of replacing the Dimplex units ?

I don't think the new ones will be significantly more efficient, same old hot elements and bricks in both ?

Our 30 year old Dimplex's still going strong , I believe replacement elements are easily available if one has burnt out.

hi Michael8554, yes it is for efficiency. Both Dimplex and Elnur state that their new heaters are 40% more efficient. Also the temperature for old ones cannot be managed.. it just doubles the electricity usage

You have to wonder what that 40% figure means. As has been pointed out before on here all electric heaters are 100% efficient.
It is therefore suggesting that 40% of the heat coming from the older units was wasted. That must be dependant upon the circumstances of use and therefore impossible to measure or quantify as a universal saving.
I'm not saying that the newer units don't have better controls or insulation and can perhaps retain heat longer, just that I would take figures like that with a large pinch of salt.

I always ponder about such claims. No 2 homes are the same and no 2 winters are the same so comparisons are almost impossible.

I tend to think about miles per gallon claims by vehicle manufacturers - and we all know how hopelessly optimistic they are

Locked to prevent being resurrected (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts