Em Lighting Used As Lights

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thewiz

Reaction score
Hello all i require a LED 2D fittings that can be used as general lighting and be used as an emergency light,

Any of you know any good makes that are under 80 pounds?  

don't use acre fix they are rubbish and never have anything. Our wholesaler has some for just around 100 pounds, 

Sorry but cannot recommend any! Possibly with the exception of Fern Howard

They all seem to pack up after about 13 months at which point the "manufacturers" laugh at you with a 'not my problem mate, out of guarantee'

I even saw a maintained fitting that said "not for continuous use"

Just......sick of swapping them

Not for constant use hahahaha. that made me laugh, 

anyone sustained em lights before?

They all seem to pack up after about 13 months at which point the "manufacturers" laugh at you with a 'not my problem mate, out of guarantee'

That'll be the Robus unit.

I was looking for a new gear tray for a 28W 2D light not long ago and I ruled out the Robus ones because they said that.

whats the best way of installing a em light that can be switched for general use lighting? 

Maintained or sustained??

Substained has 2 lamps one for em use and one for mains 230V to be used as switching, we have used these before, Any of you used maintained em fittings for the same use?

Kerch, Your customers are certainly not pikeys. fern Howard lighting, aico alarms, they must be made of gold?

Everyone's a millionaire down here yet they argue over a £3 switch.

Kerch, Your customers are certainly not pikeys. fern Howard lighting, aico alarms, they must be made of gold?

Everyone's a millionaire down here yet they argue over a £3 switch.
CORRECT!

I did a F B posh house 18 months ago........every room on its own circuit, at LEAST 1 power and 1 lighting per room!

Proper job

Just smiling

Wouldnt bother with anything made by tamlight either. Just got done swapping a load of their EM fittings that had "rickbery" batteries in that just fell to pieces

Shop fitters round here love them..but keeps me busy changing them

Just..cashing in

Many years ago you purchased Non-maintained, Maintained and Sustained and they cost like £80 each, so in the 80's, 90's that was expensive kit and it lasted, it was most definitely a done deal putting new batteries in when required, remember I think Menvier fittings where you pointed a torch at them to put them into test mode.

So today you can pick up a Maintained/Sustained for £15 + Vat, so is it any wonder that they don't last these days, they are not built to.

Some of this cheap junk will not even last 12 months.