Emergency Lighting and Fire / Smoke Alarms

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dambo

Reaction score
Regarding installing emergency lighting and fire / smoke alarms - Are there certain qualifications needed before being able to install them?

Regarding installing emergency lighting and fire / smoke alarms - Are there certain qualifications needed before being able to install them?
Some Electrical Installation qualifications would be a good starter :run :)

...Only joking Damien !.

I think it comes down to the old one about being Competant in carrying out the task in hand. Experience of the work & its technical & legal requirements would be highly desirable. If you are also Verifying the work then adequate Insurance would be must.

a1spark

Some Electrical Installation qualifications would be a good starter :run :) ...Only joking Damien !.

I think it comes down to the old one about being Competant in carrying out the task in hand. Experience of the work & its technical & legal requirements would be highly desirable. If you are also Verifying the work then adequate Insurance would be must.

a1spark
I haven't done this before or seen it done. Are there any short courses which cover this type of work?