Emergency rewire after fault with sockets which was never found

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Picture106.jpg

Picture107.jpg

Picture096.jpg

Picture095.jpg

Picture105.jpg

REWIRED WIRING

Picture102.jpg

Picture101.jpg

Picture099.jpg

Picture098.jpg

Picture097.jpg

Picture093.jpg

Picture092.jpg

Picture100.jpg

OLD WIRING

View attachment 3058

sell it to some of the folks with no test gear that just swap out stuff hoping it will work! :slap
When I've stripped out a half decent CU like that I've sold it on ebay. You will be amazed what some people buy.

Am I missing something? As I read the thread title, you rewired the place because of a fault on the sockets which you never found?
well, Im not the only one then,

I just thought I had missed something, should we read it again together, just in case.? :consoling

Am I missing something? As I read the thread title, you rewired the place because of a fault on the sockets which you never found?
the place was rewired because of all the crap i found i went to a fault on the sunday and after starting a fault find it was evident that a full rewire was needed to which the owners were in agreement with what i was discovering, there was 7 spurs direct from the ring main thru the kitchen, the wiring to cooker, heating and sockets circuits was nearly 50 years old, and the sockets wasnt even a true ring main due to all the rough shoddy work carried out .

Last edited by a moderator:
not done for a sales point on my part i did it because the property was in a shoddy state electrically and it required the wiring to be replaced. which was done the owners were over the moon.