Energy Saving Lamp Flickering When Off

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what to wire across live and neutral to stop this happening. Is it called a snubber or some sort of resistor?

Any pointers appreciate or ill buy her a 60w incandescent lol

Cheers

A snubber is actually a resistor and capacitor in circuit but I'd just put resistor across the L+N at the light fitting. You can solder a couple of wires to a 300 or 400 Kilohm resistor and put heat shrink sleeve over the top. Might be a nice idea to leave a note at the DB for the next sparky that will probably see it with a mega tester.

Lol cheers for the replies. Should have said that its happening in the room below where all the solar panels and equipment is in loft above. Could this be a possible cause?

Lol cheers for the replies. Should have said that its happening in the room below where all the solar panels and equipment is in loft above. Could this be a possible cause?
Does the lamp flicker at night?  (there you have your answer)  I doubt you would see it flickering in daylight.

Latest posts