Experiences in installing solar panels

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rees

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a final year student at Loughborough University. I am conducting research into domestic green energy generation and I would like to gather information about the experience of installing solar panels.
Im interested in the issues, difficulties and pain points installing these systems on homes bring as well as things that parts of the process that are efficient and intuitive.
If you would be interested in sharing your experience please respond to this thread.
All information will be anonymised and identities of participants will be hidden.

Thank you
Tom Rees

Personal details removed

Hi Tom
Fully supportive of you getting involved with energy installation processes at Uni, and hopefully some of the solar guys might pass on some of their experiences, sorry I can’t help as I was an industrial spark.
Just out of interest though, do any of you take on a more pro active hands on approach and spend some time with installers to see what they are up against?
From personal experience the best degree qualified engineers we had were people that had spent time on the tools and knew SWA cable from Pyro or what part of a skid was the motor and what part was a gearbox.
Good luck with your course.