Ez Lock Advice

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockomuir

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have recently fitted some electric gates which can be controlled by key fob and are also linked to a bd eye camera system which can also open the gates from inside the house. The customer has now asked for a keypad to be fitted by the gates incase any of the fobs go missing. Has anyone used these before as I am struggling to get the key pad to work just to open the gates. I have got a 12v supply to the pad so that the keypad turns on but I cannot get the gate to open by entering a code.

What is the make and model of the gate PCB??

From what I know the keypad just has a supply and then a pair of volt free contacts??

If so it should be easy,,, just like installing a push to open button.

Simply providing a power supply will not  allow the keypad to open the gates.The keypad should be wired to the same terminals as the in house remote opener. Inside the gate control panel there should be a pre wired control panel with various outlets. Identify those connections and use 4 wire or 6 wire alarm cable to link the keypad to the control panel.

It is a prgu433pp and I have tried conecting the two no voltage but it just opens the gates without having to use the keypad

Not Used Not Used

It is a no contact and I have use 13 and 14 all working fine for the gates and camera access. However on the ez lock it has 9 cables I used the pink and white which I thought was the right one from the from the wiring diagram. But the gates just open. I ez lock needs a 12v supply which it i took from the gates . I think I have been looking at this for two long and missing something simple

I have no idea of the make but a quick google and I found the same info that Nozspark suggests.

Just found the ez lock on tlc...yes the manual shows pink and white as being the zone 1 NO contacts... So long as you've set it up for zone 1 operation and connected it across 13 and 15 it should work fine

That is what i thought, maybe i am doing something wrong or have set up the zones incorrectly. I will give them a ring tommororw to get some tech support. Thank you for your helpful advice 

i should have also corrected my typing error, i have been using 13 and 15 not 13 and 14 

What is the make and model of the gate PCB??

From what I know the keypad just has a supply and then a pair of volt free contacts??

If so it should be easy,,, just like installing a push to open button.
That is correct

Latest posts