First donation made....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, seeing as admin forgot to put some money in the meter the other day;) I though that it was about time that I put my hand in my virtual pocket and made a donation..

Remember guys, this is a great forum and is not run for profit... in fact I suspect that Admin even subsidises it.. so give him a hand where you can..

IMHO if we each give what we charge for an hour (or whatever you can afford) then it will give Admin the funds to make it even better than it already is (if that's possible)

So come on guys, it's not difficult... just follow the link on the main page (lower left)

Cheers guys, yes the forum is run without profit and a lot of hard work by Admin. All donations are voluntary, you even get a little gold cup showing your commitment and kindness. When you think about it a little donation is cheaper than buying the regulations book, and if I wanted to know what was contained in section 7 of the regulations I would just ask Special Location, he would type it out, I would copy and paste into my notepad, hey presto job done :)

Well you get the idea, some very good info for free, if you like it then donations would always be welcome.

One of the best things about this forum is the downloads section. The 'dark side' doesn't have one. It's enabled me to share my imperial cable info with nealy 200 other people (and some downlight installation stuff too). I do so quite freely in the spirit of cooperation, but if everyone who's found it useful would donate the price of just one pint of Guinness it would be a huge help to the forum and would warm the cockles of my heart.

Anyway, i've made my (long overdue) donation.

Admin's trophy cupboard must be bare! ;)
He's had to get Admin2 to dust & polish them all cuz they have been standing there for a while with not much usage...

Looks like he's got a run on them...

So you better get in quick and place you donations to get a trophy by your name before they all run out!

For those who have made a donation - Thank You - Please PM me the e-mail address used to send the payment, and if you haven't already got one, I will add your gold donation trophy under your username.

:Neil

I will just comment at this point, because Admin is far to modest to say anything. All sectors of business and commerce are having increased overheads and costs due to the state of the economy, cost of energy fuel, raw materials etc. I understand that telecoms & internet service providers, web hosting businesses are not immune from these influences. I have no idea what Admins agreements for running the forum are, but if making a bet I would assume costs are going up this year compared to last year. In light of the couple of crashes we have had over the past week I also guess the hosting company has ongoing maintenance and running issues to resolve. I do know Admin wants to keep the forum free to use, but also all donations, whatever amount, are very gratefully received. Admin gives up many hours of his own time to keep the forum running, and he has a young family as well to look after. Thank you Admin & Admin2 for all your hard work.

Doc H.

Thank You to all who have donated so far. :Applaud :Salute

Doc, Brings a tear to my eye, does that. :x

I chucked a few quid in too
I know mate Thanks - but you really shouldn't have - you have made more than enough donations in the form of supplying the the "Forum Poster of the year" Sheild and Medals*.

:Applaud :Salute

* More will be revealed on Monday. :)

I've put a few quid in the pot....a small price for the info & help gained here...Thanks all.