First intruder alarm - question re: bell box cable

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waynehayes

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm installing my first system at home over the weekend. It's a verities Excel. I've gone over the manuals a couple of times and am fairly happy so far. My question is about the cable to the bell box. Is it general practice to feed the cable through the soffit board or drill through the wall?

I think my uncertainty stems from the fact that I'm not great at heights above around 2 feet, so I want to know in my mInd before I go up there. ROTFWL

Thanks.

It would be easier I guess to put the cable through the soffit, however it would be neater drilled through to back of the bell box.

Just install whichever way is easiest and most convenient to you, no point spending an hour doing something you can do in half and hour.

Doc H.

Better though, if you can hide any external wiring!
Indeed Noz you are quite correct, but if it can be tucked up close to sofit with minimal external distance into the loft void, it could save a lot of hassle coming into a decorated bedroom or bathroom.

Doc H.

Thanks all. I managed to get the cable through the soffit and into the bell box fairly easily with no cable on display.

Latest posts