Friday fun

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Couleddie

Reaction score
No pictures on this as it's pretty self explanatory. Today's job of installing storage heaters in a flat turned 'interesting' when investigating the mains downstairs in the shop. Originally the flat had 2 storage heaters but these were taken out. Lucky. 1 x 30A rewirable fuse had 2 heaters wired to it and the other had 3! All 3.4kW. The only reason it worked is because the shop only had 2 switched on.

Other 'finds' in this installation - a 15A rewirable fuse rewired with 2 x 30A pieces of fuse wire and a time-clock wired directly from a 30A fuse powering a lighting circuit. One thing I didn't see was a cable clip. The cables were just crisscrossed around the meter cupboard.

The best part of the day, apart from a bit of live working, was finding out the whole feed was tapped of next door's three phase and was woefully inadequate for a shop and a flat. YEDL will be along in the next couple of weeks to fit a nice new supply and I get to clean the sh1t up that some incompetent idiot has made. Definitely looks like a DIY job.

But I DO love days like this!! Makes the Guinness taste nicer! :^O

Latest posts