Fuse Spures....????

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raucouspie

Reaction score
Hi All

I've come across some stuations where fused spures have been used to run lighting, mainly under stairs and in conservatory's.

I know you can use fused spures of all sorts of things but am just wondering what your opinions are???

thanks

As long as the fuse is suitable (1A or 3A) then there isn't a real problem with spuring lights off power circuits.

Not 'best practice' mind you, better to have lighting on the lighting circuits but 'needs must when the devil drives'! ]:)

Hi AllI've come across some stuations where fused spures have been used to run lighting, mainly under stairs and in conservatory's.

I know you can use fused spures of all sorts of things but am just wondering what your opinions are???

thanks
Nothing wrong with it at all as I see it, its all lectric in the end , you'd plug a table lamp into a ring main, you would spur off to feed a fan, no difference, that is one of the advantages of a ring, its versatile. Just fit the right fuse.

Doing a job at minute. Study has one centre light. Installing 4 extra downlights and two 2 amp light points. Started yesterday. Centre light has no cpc. So have spured of ring main for extra lighting and existing centre light. In an ideal world it would be rewired but old property has had chipboard floors put down a few years back. I cannot believe it was not rewired before this was done. But thats life.

Batty