Fused Spur Strange Location Needs Re Positioning ( Advice Please)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iphammer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wondered if someone can offer me some advice, please.

I'm in an upstairs flat ( 1 up 1 down) with loft access. In a couple of weeks' time, I've got a bathroom fitter coming around to fit a new bathroom but I have a slight problem.

High up close to the ceiling I have a fused spur that has been installed over the existing tiles and above the bath this need to be removed.

The wall socket in the hallway has 2 cables going into it and one of those cables goes into the fused spur in the bathroom then a cable comes out of the fused spur and goes into one of the bedrooms going into the wall socket. I've removed the fuse from the spur and all sockets/lights in the flat still work,

What is the best way to remove this so I do away with it or would it be best to keep it in place and stick it in the loft?

So are there only two cables connected, with nothing on the fused out side ? Perhaps it was for an old radiant heater, since removed?
Is it wired from the loft on the wall surface or does any wire come out of the wall?

So are there only two cables connected, with nothing on the fused out side ? Perhaps it was for an old radiant heater, since removed?
Is it wired from the loft on the wall surface or does any wire come out of the wall?
Yes 2 cables are connected and going into the same terminals. The bottom L & N are empty. Does this mean I can use Wago's or something else to join them and leave them in the loft?

The wires going to the hallway socket come straight down from the loft and are hidden in the plaster! The wires going into the fused spur drop down from the ceiling straight into the fused spur.