gas and main water bond

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicks electrix

Reaction score
Evening all,

I met up with someone yesterday who said the 2391 exam was the easiest exam he had ever written. :eek:

He told me that under 17th edition gas and water have to be bonded seperately from the fuse board. So that if you lost continuity on 1 the other is still bonded. Is this correct?

I always thought they can both bonded using the same cable just as long as the cable is not broken on the first bond.

Has your mate had his test results yet? :)

You are correct, whilst preferably it should be two separate cables it is not always practical, because we work in the practical world one cable (unbroken) can be used.

same here tbh ;) much better and more professional ;)
Agreed, but if its a 30m run to both the gas and water then it can be done as long as the cable is either unbroken or joined using (appropriatly sized) permiment connectors.

Evening all,I met up with someone yesterday who said the 2391 exam was the easiest exam he had ever written. :eek:

...QUOTE]

I would not say that I thought the 2391-02 (2400) was harder as were many of my degree exams, but, please don't underestimate the 2391-01

Latest posts