Gas pipe for boiler

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88daveb

Reaction score
I'm currently doing a complete rewire on a chippy and flat, now they have run a gas pipe in across the length of the building for the boiler, this follows cables that i've already ran along the ceiling. Am i correct in saying the wires are not allowed to be ran next to it (reg's, a certain distance away from copper gas pipe), and so the gas pipe needs lagging around it for it to be kosha.

25mm separation for pipes smaller than 35mm, 50mm for bigger pipes. See p18 of OSG.

ta brian, now if the gas pipe has lagging on, does it matter if the cables are close to the pipe still or do i need to move them 25mm away..???

The OSG makes no mention of lagging or foam insulation. Just the distance, so I'd say pipes to cable.

Isn't there a Gas Safe standard for this? Try ringing them and asking (they have a tech help line).

ta brian, now if the gas pipe has lagging on, does it matter if the cables are close to the pipe still or do i need to move them 25mm away..???
I'd agree with PC's comment on that one, & as Ian said, your cables were there first!

If the cables are in any appreciable contact with the lagging ,then you may have to consider revising your circuit cable calcs===rating factors etc.

a1spark

no lagging going on the pipes, i've just shifted them to the left and tyewraped them to the joist.