gas

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it does.I apologise; I didn`t realise the system would bleep that.

stand by for edit....
It's a funny old system that decided what we can't say. All words assocaited with men's bits are off limits including the anatomically correct term!

I remain frustrated when the device to turn off the water and the appendage used to open a draw get doctored!

Yet ******, boobies & crap are all acceptable :|

The list of words / sequences of letters is preset by admin.

I think the last one of yours is supposed ro be on the list, which is the reason most of us use "carp":)

It`s all relative. If a word is passed by the system, yet is offensive, then the mods will (I assume) take action?)

I could be wrong (and hopefully someone will tell me if it is so),

Admin has said to me that he set those; and I got the impression that you had to be admin; not mod, to adjust things like that..........

could be wrong, though.......

Smiffy????? I see you`re still here?

Could you confirm? Please?

Brtish gas used to own aa stripped it down to the bone set stupid sales targets for patrols so i can believe the gas men are under extreme pressure to sell products.

You could have a perfectly maintained installation without any RCD's!Just because it doesn't conform to current regs doesn't = not maintained!

BG do worry me

There's a joke:

What's blue and screws old ladies,

Hypothermia! :)

I suggest 'hypothermia' is replaced by 'a British gas man':|
I'd like to tell a true story.

A milkman I know left the washing machine on when he went out. When he came back the utility room was on fire. The family dog was dead. Now if an RCD had been fitted on the socket I am sure the machine would not have caught on fire. I could be wrong but RCD'S do give additional protection so I think any socket should have 30mA RCD protection and if something where to go wrong who would you blame I am sure it would be BG.

Batty

British gas used to own aa stripped it down to the bone set stupid sales targets for patrols so i can believe the gas men are under extreme pressure to sell products.
Alcoholics Anonymous? That explains the gas mans ruddy cheeks...........

:)

Then can you 'mend' it so STOPC0CK stays X(
Unfortunately parts of words within words will always occur in these type of situations. Also phrases within words could be highlighted to make one part of a word stand out more than the word itself, or accidental omission of spaces could create inappropriate words from two perfectly acceptable words.

e.g. Hagar seem a good make of MCB? which again is not good.

To allow your water isolation device to be accepted, may permit other unforeseen problems. As the English language is a most varied tongue, we can normally find a suitable, alternative, acceptable word, to put over the correct context. There is no perfect solution, Admin will select the text sequences which are considered unacceptable and the Moderators will accept these choices fully, even if there a few side effects here or there.

I trust you understand Mr Apache.

Doc.H

Unfortunately parts of words within words will always occur in these type of situations. Also phrases within words could be highlighted to make one part of a word stand out more than the word itself, or accidental omission of spaces could create inappropriate words from two perfectly acceptable words. e.g. Hagar seem a good make of MCB? which again is not good.

To allow your water isolation device to be accepted, may permit other unforeseen problems. As the English language is a most varied tongue, we can normally find a suitable, alternative, acceptable word, to put over the correct context. There is no perfect solution, Admin will select the text sequences which are considered unacceptable and the Moderators will accept these choices fully, even if there a few side effects here or there.

I trust you understand Mr Apache.

Doc.H
I do - was really only playing.

:D

I do - was really only playing. :D
I did consider that and I am glad to hear it Mr Apache, Thank you.

For all our benefits I thought it best to clarify the situation and to remind ourselves to avoid to much unnecessary wordplay attempting to deliberately bypass the filters that Admin has set up.

Much like my friends back in Radiator Springs, when we all work together we can keep the town very welcoming to all passing strangers.

Doc.H

Thanks for the replies, ive already told brother in law to buy rcd adaptors if they insist and he dosnt want me to fit an rcbo in his cu.Ill see what happens as they are coming back next week for some reason.

I think they are probably worried and looking for work for as I understand it Corgi have lost there franchise!!! Perhaps they have re trained as sparks!!!
Thought CORGI were just changing their name? Same company I understand.

(everyone has heard of CORGI - it's madness)

It's not a name change. Corgi have lost out to Captia as HSE's prefered bidder for the license to run the scheme.

You are right about all the confusion it's going to create (and all those vans having to be re-stickered!)

They have now been back to repair the drier. Different engineer as last one couldnt fix it, and this one had his own rcd adaptor to plug into so didnt even mention rcd being needed in the cu , so it turns out it was just a safety thing for there engineers and the first engineer didnt quite have the right instructions from his bosses.